Posts

Showing posts from June, 2010

JoinDomain VMExtensionProvisioningError when deploying WVD (aka Conflict Error)

Deploying WVD Fails with a conflict error and when clicking for more information it presents a conflict and not much else that is useful by way of toubleshooting. Hopefully this helps someone else as it had me head scratching for a little while.. When creating the Host Pool, make sure that you haven't made the fatal error of using the Azure Active Directory Credential INSTEAD of the Local AD Domain Credential.  i.e do not use USER@m365xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com to domain join, even if it links back to the domain - this is where the conflict arrises.    Instead, use your full internal domain UPN.  USER@prefix.domain.co.uk  Re-deploy your same configuration and you should find it goes through now without any problems. Additional findings.... Albeit my mistake above was an easy one, it does appear the error is directly linked to the domain join process. If you go into your resource groups, locate the session host and MSTSC directly to it.  Try the domain join pr

iPhone OS4 - Places not working with Geo-tagging bug

I thought I'd write up a post about this, simply because before I figured it out, I was contemplating contacting Apple Support in case I had a dodgy device. Fear not however my dear Apple friends this is not the case. The problem: I took a few photo's on my shiny new iPhone 4 and then thought I'd show off the "Places" feature to a few friends, embarrasingly to find that they hadnt been pinned to the map overlay. So typical IT bod I turned it off and on again - and it worked. Trying it again I had the same problem with any new photo's taken. I did a little bit of research on the problem, obviously quite an annoyance and found out that the Photo's app, has to re-initialise for it to take into account the new photo's geo-tags and then implement them into the Places feature. I also found out that by default ALL apps will run in the background that support multi-tasking (I'm still not 100% sure on this but it does confirm it on and around the appl

Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size

Now this was really annoying, basically I installed an SBS 2008 box onsite and later found out they needed to send emails with 25MB attachments. "Not a problem" I said as I recalled how easy it was to change this in Exchange 2003, completely oblivious to just how complicated an easy task could have gotten. At first I just changed the limits in the SBS console window which I thought had solved the problem but this doesnt seem to make much difference. I then started looking into PowerShell and found out that, to get this to work you have to run the following commands. (all examples based on 25MB incoming limit, default is 10MB) So... 1) To review the global transport settings enter: Get-TransportConfig | ft MaxSendSize, MaxReceiveSize To change global transport settings: Set-TransportConfig –MaxSendSize 25MB –MaxReceiveSize 25MB 2) To review receive limits: Get-ReceiveConnector | ft name, MaxMessageSize To change Receive Settings: Set-ReceiveConnector “Windo

Free iPad / iPhone 4 ?

This I was quite skeptical about at first but it's all based on clever referral marketing and works quite nicely. Basically it's very simple, if you can get 30 people to come to your site and sign up, you yourself will then be eligible for a FREE device of your choosing with no strings attached. Now this isnt entirely selfish as it works multi-level, for example if I get a referral that's one point for me as you signed up BUT then also you can now bring other people in and start earning points towards your own iPad's / iPhone's / PC's etc. I started doing this with a friend who now has an iPad and a MacBook air! he barely lifted a finger, granted he has more time than me and is a student but hey! If you're interested in giving this a go, then please follow this link: http://tinyurl.com/28877wk